Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Paper Curl


I know that I have been lamenting about not having time to make any art. So.... I decided to quit whining and make something simple. I was surfing the net the other night an came across a site where the woman had done a simple pen and paper drawing of a paper curl. I like the simplistic nature of the piece so much I decided to put more effort into it and do this little pencil drawing. Yup, I used the lowly but lovely 2B woodless variety to make the drawing. My favourite choice of medium do to its cost and ease of use!!!!! I found an old sketchbook that I have not as of yet completed. I had to chuckle when I saw that the last drawing in it was from April 2009! So it was kind of fitting that I pick it up almost one year later.

I know that it is such a simple little thing but I was really happy to spend the hour thinking about nothing else but the little drawing. It was pure heaven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment