Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pastel small art work


I'm feeling a bit chilly today and had a few minutes to spare so I got my sketchbook out and for expediency, my soft pastels. What I thought was, I wanted to do some art that would feel warm. The only thing about abstract work is that one has to be careful not to "over work" the drawing or painting so that the fundamental feel of the work doesn't look contrived. Now, I don't really have that problem with this piece because it is just a gradation in colour but I could see that the colours were about to become "muddied" slightly and so I had to walk away.

My favourite part of this small "paining" (for the lack of a better word) is the saturated colour. A pastel girl, I am not, or at least for the most part!





As you can see in the picture, this box of short pastel pieces haven't had much use. I did remember that I need to clean off the residue off because it is one reason that the wrong colour is applied to the wrong area. I need to get out my books and find out more about the use and misuse of soft pastels.




Even my wiping cloth looks good plastered with colour!!!! Can you tell that I love colour???!!!

This was a fun way to start my day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment